Sunday 1 December 2013

IMATS Haul Product Review: OCC Lip Tar in Hoochie

I absolutely love OCC products for their value. I've had a few lip tars in the past and they last, literally, FOREVER. You use so little and it gets you so far. The creamy, liquid texture provides some moisture to your lips and it blends so easily.

I recently discovered the OCC's Lip Tar in Hoochie when I visited the Toronto Eaton Centre's Sephora. They had the full OCC line with products that we did not have in our store.

OCC Lip Tar in Hoochie

The Pluses:

This colour provides you the perfect purple shade with the right amount of cool tones. If you want to wear purple but do not want a dramatic look, then Hoochie is the colour for you!

Check out my pics:

Hoochie naturally.
 As you can see, the product completely covered all my beauty marks on my lips, which future demonstrates the pigment it provides.

Hoochie ombre'd
To add a bit more drama, I decided to play up the colour by doing an ombre look. I actually used a darker purple eyeshadow on the outer corners and outline of the lip and used a frosty white eyeshadow for the centre of my lips.


The minuses:
I love the colour and pigment payoff but I must admit that the product did bleed quite a bit. Most likely do to the fact that it's a "tar" consistency and super "liquid-y". This problem could be easily fixed using their clear lip tar which is an essential oil that you can use like a primer to prevent the product from moving. Or you can use a coloured lip liner or a transparent anti-feather lip liner to old the product in place.

Regardless of the minuses, I still love this colour and the product and I would definitely recommend it to others.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment